In 2015, International Corrosion Services introduced Western Australia’s largest Electropolish bath for the treatment of stainless steel.
Interestingly, the ASTM standard ASTM B912 recommends as a pre-treatment process of the stainless steel, the pickle and passivation of the stainless steel to ASTM A380. International Corrosion Services is currently the only facility in Western Australia to be able to offer this large-scale service.
Our brand new plant includes:
- New 5000amp state of the art German manufactured rectifier
- Mixer for agitation of the fluid
- Temperature sensor.
- Electrical heaters.
- Electrical control panel and control units.
- Bath cover/lid (manual handling).
- Fumes exhaust system.
- Waste Disposal and recycling system.
- 10 tonne and 5 tonne overhead cranes.
What is Electropolishing and Why use it?
Electropolishing is a process that streamlines the microscopic surface of a metal object by removing metal from the object’s surface through an electrochemical process similar to, but the reverse of, electroplating.
Without oversimplifying the process, electropolishing works by effectively removing stainless steel by firstly shedding the metal peaks or high points of the treated surface.
There are countless benefits to electropolishing, all of which are well documented. Some of these benefits include:
- Better Physical Appearance
- Enhanced Mechanical Properties
- Better Corrosion Resistance.
International Corrosion Services offers a high quality Electropolish treatment process in line with the ASTM B922 standard, providing a superior clean.